For flowers, fruit, veg & lighter pruning.
They’ll handle light woody cuts and are great for detailed pruning and thinning, as well as Japanese pine pruning work.
Keep them clean. Precision blades like this soon pick up sap and resin.
These snips are made from carbon steel - this means they will, through regular use, stain (and eventually rust) and gradually lose their edge. Caring for them involves three things…
1. Correct Use:
- Japanese steel is hard and sharp, and can be more brittle than some people are used to - it will chip if abused
- Do not cut wire, metal, stone, plastic or any other hard material (even bamboo fibres and some very hard woods, especially knots and burrs, can damage steel edges)
- Do not twist or apply uneven pressure
- Cut diagonally across branches (not straight across) so you cut along the fibres
- Pay attention to our maximum cut dimensions, and don’t overdo it (shears are not loppers)
- Use the base of the blades, not the tips, for heavier cuts
2. Keeping Them Clean:
- Remove leaf resin, rust and gunk
- Dry, wipe over with Camellia oil and store in a dry place
17.5 x 4.4 x 1.5 cm
- 4.8 cm blades
- Max cut Ø 0.5 cm
- S58C Carbon steel
- Made in Sanjo, Japan
If you have any questions about this item, please click here to contact us.
Rouge Shop UK features one of the best collections of Chinese furniture imports, Chinese homewares and Asian ceramics in the city of London. Our range includes direct imports from Chinese ceramic artists, oriental vases and Japanese ceramics.